08-11-2014 11:42 AM
I have done everything....cleaned, aligned, checked and double checked. I have installed four new cartridges, and my black still won't print. Everything was fine and then all of a sudden my 'old' black wouldn't work (it was only 1 month old), so I printed a couple of printhead and alignment pages. No changes. Still no black. So I went out and purchased all new cartridges (and all HP) and a substantial cost. The problem is still there. I don't need to know about the four steps, etc as I have done them all at least three times. When the alignment sheet is printed, all I get is blue and a couple of red words at the bottom of the page. Should I just give up, throw this *!*!*!*!* away, and start using my Canon? I am so frustrated that I could just cry
08-12-2014 05:36 AM - edited 09-21-2014 08:04 AM
As this is a 5520 I'd advise calling HP Phone Support about, regardless if it's out of warranty, as you may require a replacement printer.
Can you please let us know how you get on?
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)