05-09-2012 02:59 PM
This fix just worked for my L7680. I've had problems since buying the printer a few years ago. I always thought the problem was associated with MS Vista or maybe an MS Word 2003 issue. The problem happened so infrequently it was difficult to really determine what was behind it. But I've migrated to W7 Ultimate and Office 2010, and today the missing lower half hit again.
Whoever figured this out, great job!!! Thanks.
03-14-2014 02:25 PM
Brand new Deskjet 2542.
every 3rd line of text is cut in half.
Tried the fix mentioned in this thread - not fixed.
Incredibly frustrating to have this happen on a printer right out of the box.
Help is appreciated.
08-07-2014 08:51 AM
I recently purchased a Deskjet 1514 and encountered the same problem. After trying multiple 'fixes' I eventually managed to fix it myself by changing one of the options in Printing Preferences. Here's a guide on how to do it with a Windows 7 machine:
- Select Devices and Printers from Control Panel
- Right click the printer you are having the issue with.
- Select 'Printer Preferences'
- Open the 'Paper/Quality' tab
- Set the 'Media' option to 'Plain Paper, Best Quality'
Hope this helps.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)