08-03-2013 07:58 PM
ok -first off - the printer works fine. the issue is we cannot read how much ink is left in our black HP 74 ink we just bought last month.
when I bring up "HP Utility" it reports how much color ink is left but where it should report the black level there is a red "X"
at the top it says "Cartridge is out - black ink, cartridge is non-HP"
how do we fix this so it reports how much black ink is left?
08-03-2013 11:09 PM
Please perform the below steps to print a self test page.
On the Printer , Press Cancel + On/Off button, then blue, green, gray. Reports Menu » Selftest
From the printed test page, could you please provide the values for the Sl #
54, 64 and
55, 65 and then
Help the community by marking this post .
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Give it a Kudos!
I work for HP
Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .
Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)