Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Wireless working fine, scan and test page working ok. one document is blocking the print queue. I've tried deleting it over and over again. It is a web page I think. It says 'deleting' but nothing happens, it won't disappear. Any suggestions? I'm using Vista.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Many thanks. I tried that but it didn't work. However, the document had disappeared by the next morning so it did work - just needed to sleep on it!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
try deleting the print job and restart the computer and restart it back ...:smileyhappy:
HP Recommended

1. Keep the Printers window open. Now open a 'run' window and type 'services.msc' and click OK.

2. Look for 'Print Spooler' in the services list. Right click on it and select Stop.

3. Now select your Printers window and press the F5 button to refresh the page. All icons will disappear. 

4. Right click on the Print Spooler service and click on Start. Now refresh the Printers window. The remaining document should've been removed from the queue. If it hasnt, then repeat these steps about 2-3 times till it goes away.

I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
HP Recommended
Many thanks. I tried that but it didn't work. However, the document had disappeared by the next morning so it did work - just needed to sleep on it!
HP Recommended
Thank you, thank you!  This issue has given me fits and wasted so much of my time.  Your solution worked!!
HP Recommended

Yes, resetting print spooler solves the blocked document problem, but what will stop it happening day after day?

HP Recommended

Hi Knitjockey

I understand you are having issues with the print spooler stopping.

Here is a url to download and run the Print And Scan Doctor to see if this will resolve this issue so it doesn't reoccur again.
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02073861

You can also try the Microsoft Fix It Tool, I am including the url.

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/printing_problems/

If you need more assistance just let me know.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Brilliant! thanks sor much, been struggling with this for days, feeling very pleased that an older woman can sort these things out for herself!!! 🙂

HP Recommended

what is a "run" window and how do I pull it up?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.