Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The Networkprinter Setup not detect USB !

New Windows  7 x64 on a "Zotac CI320"

My USB Camera have the same Problem, i patched the Autorun.inf to install the driver (disable USB Check).

MinUsbReady=1 removes the  "USB-Driver" Message, but there 2 Checks....

P.S. This thread has been moevd from HP Support Center (Website) Feedback & Suggestions to Multifunction and All-in-One. - Hp Forum Moderator

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The support give me a way to install the drivers, now it works...

I can skip the Error message with "ctrl+shift+cancel"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Looks to me like you either have a bad USB cable or that your USB jack, the USB jack on the printer is bad or the USB jack on your computer is bad.  One way or another you do not have a hardware connection to the printer so the installation cannot complete.

First easy step is to swap the USB cable with a new one.  From there test the USB ports on the PC by trying in alternative USB ports.  If that doesnt help then try installing on a temporary machine to confirm the port on teh printer is OK or not.  Swap out and replace parts as necessary to re-establish a hardware connection between the PC and the printer.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

HP Recommended

I don't use any USB-Cable for my "NETWORKPRINTER", i like the scanner features over Network

The USB3 Firmware update from ZOTAC don't resolve the Problem...

I think the problem is a "wrong condition" in the Setup.

A Report form 'USBVIEW' is in the Attachments.

HP Recommended

The support give me a way to install the drivers, now it works...

I can skip the Error message with "ctrl+shift+cancel"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.