Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem.   I'm trying to print out a "Round Robin" newsletter (hateful, I know, but there it is) with photos for my chums in Australia.  The text is fine, but the photos are AWFUL!  

I've just replaced ALL the cartridges, as the Black and the Yellow were "very low" and the other two "low" - and I've instructed the machine to recalibate about 12 times, but nothing changes.  I have a white stripe about 1mm wide right across the centre of the page (between blue and gray).  Infuriating!  

The very first post that opened this discussion asked if there was a way of getting the machine to scan something in order to correct itself, but answer came there none!  I can't understand hhow it can recalibrate without something to measure itself against to see where it's going wrong!

Who READS these posts?

HP Recommended

After years of being fed up with ink jets, we bought the CM1415fm and we have loved this workhorse printer for 6 years... ....  

then.....Yellow cartidge was low and was placing splotches on the print.  Replaced the yellow cartridge and now the color registration is off but only on the right side of the page.  The left side of the print is good.  On the right side the registration was off vertically (portrait print) by about .09".  I ran the color calibration twice and helped a lot. 

cal cycle ....each cycle + printing of test page is about 3 min

3rd: registration became worse with the registration off in a down slope of about 45 degrees.

4th: registration on right magenta straight up cyan straight down with back and yellow in between the two.

5th: registration on left about .03, on right posistive slope registration magenta up rt,cyan down to left.

6th: reg. on left is good, on right cyan is off to left and slightly down, magenta is to up to the right.

7th:  left off by .02 right is worse.

8th:  left off .01 right all vert off .06

9th:  so close, do I dare run another one.

10th:  left ok right is worse vert. .03

11th:  almost spot on  I'll try 2 more

12th :  should have stopped here

.at 24 and never got a good as 12 again

HP Recommended

Thanks SteveLQ - this worked for me  as well.  I had to "color calibrate" several times - at least 5 times - to fix the print alignment issue.  In the newer printer software, this is the navigation to perform the steps:

1- Wrench icon

2- System Setup

3- Print Quality

4- Color Calibration

5- Calibrate Now

[system performs calibration task and returns to printer menu...]

6- Repeat steps (1-5) and print a test page after testing several times to see if the print issue is clearing up.

-T

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.