Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@DeborahInLA wrote:

Someone on another message board cracked the code.  The trick is to go to Set-up on the printer, and under TOOLS, tell it to restore factory defaults.  When it has done that, insert your non-OEM cartridges, it will print a test page and confirm that your cartridges are fine.  BOOM!

This worked for me. However, before I restored defaults I had to reinstall my setup cartridges.

I also turned off automatic updates for good measure

HP Recommended
Has anyone purchased HP950XL/951 combo packs and the ink cartridges are not individually sealed in the aluminum packaging in the box?
HP Recommended

Hello @DMedina0206,

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! 🙂 Is there something I can help you with regarding the ink?

I hope to hear from you soon.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" up button. If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. 

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I read your reply.  I use an HP 8610 printer.  The original message indicated concern over the price of HP manufactured cartridges.  I have the same concern.  So my question is:

DO YOU KNOW OF A RETAILER THAT SELLS HP CARTRIDGES AT A CHEAPER PRICE THAN MOST RETAILERS SELL THEM FOR?

HP Recommended

The "help" suggestions from HP basically say, "No." Please just be upfront about that answer. Then users can decide whether it is worth purchasing an HP printer that will required the use of more expensive ink, or if they should attempt to purchase a different brand.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.