07-23-2012 09:22 PM
I have the Photosmart C4780 and I did the whole set up fine with the printer plugged in to the computer via the USB cord but when I got to the network set up it said that I need to have my printer plugged in to the USB for the network set up. I'm only slightly tech savvy and so I don't know what I should do to fix this, or why when I get to the network set up it no longer registers that my printer is connected to my computer. I am using a MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard and I need help ASAP because I'm starting online college classes in less than a week.
07-24-2012 10:02 AM
That is right, setting this printer up for wireless use requires the temporary use of a USB cable so that the computer can communicate the network info to the printer.
Here is how I recommend doing it:
1. Disconnect the USB cable between the printer and Mac
2. Reset the printing system:
- Go to System Preferences > Print & Scan
- Right (or control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
3. Go to Applications > HP > C4700 series and run what you ran before, paying careful attention to when it asks you to plug in the USB cable and when to unplug it.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP