Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

ok, tried WPA2 with AES. Same problem. Blue screen followed by flashing lights.

Also tried changing from 802.11b/g/n to 802.11b/g. Same thing.

Any more ideas?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

BT HomeHubs have been problematic with HP printers.  Check to make sure the BT HomeHub has the most recent firmware.

Do you have another router to test with?

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

I have the latest firmware, but I don;t have a different router to check with.

I have an 'official' support request in with hp, so I'll see where that takes me.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with this printer.

I am a self employed IT Tech. One of my customer purchased the HP B110 Wireless printer and asked me to set it up.

After installing software and attempting the wireless connection, i received the "Printer error" all lights flashing problem. 

Customer returned printer to John Lewis who swapped it for the same one.

I returned today to try that one only to get the same problem.

Customers setup is as follows:

Brand new Toshiba laptop running Win 7. BT Broadband, only activated last week with the newest most up to date router they supply.

I tried the following things on the BT Hub:

- Tried WEP and WPA/WPA2 security. Made no difference

- Tried various wireless passwords and lengths of passwords. Still no luck.

- Tried different channel numbers. Nope no good.

I had a spare D-Link router with me, the printer connected to that fine with WPA2 security and channel setting on auto.

I guess this is a BT Hub Vs HP Wireless issue?

My customer is returning the printer again to John Lewis to swap for a different brand wireless printer.

I would still like to know a solution to this if there is one?

HP Recommended
Just got me this printer. Same problem. Any new informations about a solution?
HP Recommended

Got a replacement printer from HP. Exactly the same problem. They told me there is a compatibility issue with HP wireless and BT homehub, and my replacment printer would probabaly have the same problem. Doesn't look like they have any fixes, seems like I'm just going through the motions of trying a replacement printer before (hopefully) getting my money back at some point.

HP Recommended

BBIT_2010 - did you get a different brand wireless printer to work with your client's BT HomeHub? If so I'd be interested to know what it was. I've heard some other brands also have issues with BT Homehub.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I called HP support and they stated "the Photosmart B110 is not compatible with BT HomeHub".  They suggested a direct wireless connect from the PC (this works but  drops every time the PC goes into powersave mode) or a USB connection.

I think I will go back to the shop and swap for another printer.

HP Recommended

I just got the HP PhotoSmart B110a printer. And I have the SAME PROBLEM!! It just doesn't connect to my WiFi WPA2 secured router!  It recognizes it and even asked me for the security key but then fails to connect.

Waste of money?? Had anyone figured this out? Or should I get it changed?

HP Recommended

This is ridiculous! I've read so many buyers complain of the same problem. I too just got my Photosmart B110a today and I have the exact same trouble!  I followed the instructions to the Tee (not like they've given detailed instructions anyway) and while I have no trouble with all the other WiFi gadgets in the house, I just can't get this printer to connect to it.

It recognizes the WPA2 secured router, even asks me to feed in the password, but then doesn't connect!

Has anyone figured it out?? Is there anyone from HP support who's reading all this?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.