Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2645
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
Good day everyone! I have installed an HP Deskjet 2645 printer in my laptop and I cannot print documents in MS PowerPoint, MS Excel and PDF. My operating system is windows 7 (32 bit). I hope someone from this forum could give me solution about this. Thank you everyone and God bless us all!
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@goldahgrace,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that your HP Printer does not print in pdf and word files.

This issue could occur if the Adobe Reader is not updated to the latest version.

Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help fix this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Cannot Print PDFs from Adobe Reader

For issue with printing from MS Word, you may follow the link: How to troubleshoot printing problems in Word

Let me know how that works.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

@Rainbow23,

Good day!

I can print MS Word documents but not with MS Excel, PowerPoint and PDF. The printer name cannot be found in the list of printers for these applications.

HP Recommended

Hello@goldahgrace

Thank you for the update.

Appreciate your all efforts and time.

Please press Win + R on your keyboard to get the Run Dialog box. 

Type spool and press enter or click on the OK button. 

This will bring up the spool folder. Right on the 'PRINTERS' folder and select properties. 

On the printer properties popup, click on the Security tab. 

Provide Full Control to all the users listed there. Apply the changes. 

Now open devices and printers from the control panel. 

Right-click on your printer and select printer properties. 

On the printer properties popup, select the Security tab and provide full control/access.

Apply the changes and restart the computer and try to print.

Please let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope that the issue gets resolved without hassles.

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.