Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 7640e-All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The following messages continue to cause me to have the yellow exclamation point of notification but I have not experienced the problems and even though I delete the message it comes back.  PLEASE HELP!  

-HP ENVY 7640.........An 'Out of Paper' message displays.......

-HP Envy 5640, 5660, 7640.............-A 'Cartridges Missing' or 'Ink Cartridges Problem'

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall HP support assistant.  Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So something I did allowed me to close out of the two alerts without them re-appearing, however in the process my computer and printer are no longer "talking" I've restarted the computer and unplugged printer but it hasn't taken care of the problem.  Thoughts?  Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings @smokey-bandit_2,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are getting 2 errors on your printer. Happy to help.

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Are you using genuine HP Cartridges?

How is the printer connected to your computer? (USB or Wireless)

For Cartridges missing error, please refer to this HP Article.

Make sure correct cartridges are installed. 

Clean the contacts on the cartridges. 

Hard reset the printer. 

Reinsert the cartridges. 

Replace the cartridges. 

If the issue persists, please contact our phone support for the service options for your printer. 

For "Out of paper" error, please refer to this HP Article

Turn off the printer, disconnect the power and USB cable/ethernet connected to the printer. 

Remove all the paper from the paper tray and photo tray. 

Check the condition of the paper and load the paper back to the tray. 

Print a status report from the printer control panel. 

If the issue persists, check the printer settings on the computer. 

Clean the rollers as suggested in the article. 

Perform a hard reset on the printer. 

If you still get the error, please contact our phone support for the service options. 

Keep me posted. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for responding 🙂

-using genuine HP cartridges (I'm in the auto ink program)

-wireless

I'll try your suggestions and will keep you posted!

Thanks again

HP Recommended

Hi @smokey-bandit_2

I am the The_Fossette. It looks like you were interacting with @Chimney_83, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Take care.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So something I did allowed me to close out of the two alerts without them re-appearing, however in the process my computer and printer are no longer "talking" I've restarted the computer and unplugged printer but it hasn't taken care of the problem.  Thoughts?  Thanks!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the post and trying the suggested steps. 

Recommend you to assign a static/manual IP address to the printer to improve the stability. 

Follow the procedure mentioned below for assistance. Also, you can refer to this HP article. (Follow step 5 mentioned under Manual steps to solve the problem)

• Obtain the IP address of the printer (which can found by pressing the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel)
  • Enter the IP address on the web browser (Ex: chrome, IE) to enter the printer EWS page.
  • Go to the “Network” tab, click on “Wireless (802.11) then click on “Network address (IPV4)
  • Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
  • Click on the radio button which says “Manual DNS server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.