Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Old Uverse home network was terrible so AT&T brought in new modem and router.  The network password has a + character in the middle and I cannot find the "+" character on the keyboard of the printer when trying to enter the network pw.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks again.  Holding the 0 down does not present any other characters, just the 0.  I was surprised that AT&T would use the + character in a pw.  I've never seen that before and think that it was not well thought out by AT&T or their Uverse team.  

When you suggest connecting the printer with a cross cable, I assume you are referring to the normal wired connection between the printer and a usb connection on the computer.  I can do that, but I do not know how to show the set up on the computer.  I suppose I can research that tomorrow.  Getting late on the east coast. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi bickp,

You can toggle the alphabet keyboard to numeric and symbol keyboard by tapping on a key (eg. 123?) and from there you can toggle the keyboard again to reveal additional symbols. 

I am an HP employee, but I am speaking for myself.
HP Recommended

Thank you.  I understand how that works because we set it up for the original network.  What I am saying is that the "+" plus character is not present as you scroll through either of the bottom two character keys that surroud the 0.  There is no +

HP Recommended

Have you tried press and hold the '0' button?   Most numeric pad works that way.  Alternatively, you can try connecting the printer to your laptop using a cross cable to access the internal web page and use the web UI to configure your wireless settings.

HP Recommended

Thanks again.  Holding the 0 down does not present any other characters, just the 0.  I was surprised that AT&T would use the + character in a pw.  I've never seen that before and think that it was not well thought out by AT&T or their Uverse team.  

When you suggest connecting the printer with a cross cable, I assume you are referring to the normal wired connection between the printer and a usb connection on the computer.  I can do that, but I do not know how to show the set up on the computer.  I suppose I can research that tomorrow.  Getting late on the east coast. 

HP Recommended

You are welcome.  Another easier method to access the printer embedded web server is to turn on the WiFi-Direct feature of the printer, use a smartphone, tablet or notebook to connect directly to the printer by selecting the SSID DIRECT-xx-HP OfficeJet 4630 and enter the WiFi-Direct password.  In "Automatic Mode" the password is just "12345678".   After your mobile device is connected to printer via WiFi-Direct, open a web browser and enter "192.168.223.1".   This should be the default IP of the embedded web server.   If this IP does not work, you can print the Network Configuration Page to find out what is the embedded web server IP.  Hope this helps.  Good night.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.