09-21-2010 06:14 AM
First I had a paper jam, took off th duplexer and removed it, put duplexer back on. When I print, it works, but it won't let me change the printing preferences. It's like it's not an option, never comes up. Would someone please help? Thank you. I have a deskjet Model C8970A and never had this problem before. Great printer otherwise.
09-21-2010 07:00 AM
Either you can try to download HPPDU ( HP Printer Diagnostic utility) from the hp website by clicking ont he support and drivers and putting the product number and selecting the os of the computer. And then try to run that application. And then let me know.
I think that will resolved most of the printer issues.
09-21-2010 07:11 AM
I already did that and got all green cks on it. I also keep getting a pop up saying "found new hardware"....but that's been doing that since someone at HP helped me with another problem several months ago. I just ignore it. Hate to tell you, but you are dealing with a 75 yo woman....I try.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)