Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3512
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I have a Mac, iPad, and iPhone. My husband has an iPad and we just got him an iPhone today. When we tried to connect his phone to the router, we forgot the password. I had to reset the password and was then successful in getting all 5 devices connected.

The problem is the Deskjet 3512. Both the wireless light and the eprint light are blinking. I tried removing the security on the router, and I was able to print. But when I put the WPA-PSK security back I could not print. I had this happen one time before and was aable to reconnect, but this time I have tried everything I could think of and everything I read and nothing has worked so far.

Any suggestion? 

FYI - I am 74 years old and have some experience with computers, etc. but I am ate an age when I just want things to work. So please keep that in mind when offering suggestions. Please keep them simple and in baby steps..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I ended up buying a new printer. No problem getting it to connect. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Wireless light blinking means you are not connected to your routers SSID.

Download the User Guide here.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Deskjet-3510-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5157460/model/524111...

Readon how to reconnect your printer to your routers SSID.    Page 32 will start it for you.

HP Recommended

Thanks for suggesting the manual. I did learn I can select the HP printer listed in the network list and print direct to ti although it does take the device ofline to do that.

I inserted the CD and then chose to set it up online. The install could not locate my device. I was referred to wireless printing and finally found a section on changing the router. I reset factor defaults for the wireless and the printer. I still cannot get anything to work. My printer does not have a wireless setup wizard. 

I feel like I have tried every solution to no avail, but I know there is still the one that will work hanging out there somewhere just waiting for me to find it.

I feel like I am at my wits end. I'm about ready to throw this thing in the trash and get a new one.

HP Recommended

Thanks for suggesting the manual. I did learn I can select the HP printer listed in the network list and print direct to ti although it does take the device ofline to do that.

I inserted the CD and then chose to set it up online. The install could not locate my device. I was referred to wireless printing and finally found a section on changing the router. I reset factor defaults for the wireless and the printer. I still cannot get anything to work. My printer does not have a wireless setup wizard. 

I feel like I have tried every solution to no avail, but I know there is still the one that will work hanging out there somewhere just waiting for me to find it.

I feel like I am at my wits end. I'm about ready to throw this thing in the trash and get a new one.

HP Recommended

I ended up buying a new printer. No problem getting it to connect. 

HP Recommended
Well what did you buy? Inquiring minds want to know!
HP Recommended

I bought a HP 3630. I don't blame the brand. My old printer was, according to my husband, 4-5 years old. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.