12-01-2009 10:59 PM
I was given an older laptop. It had HP printer software installed and I uninstalled it but when I start the laptop I get the popup message "Windows cannot find C:\WINDIWS\system32\printer.exe". Any ideas about solving this problem? It's annoying and may slow down an already slow startup.There are no printers listed in Device Manager.I cannot find a copy of this file anywhere.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)