01-03-2012 12:45 PM
I had a big build up of sticky ink below the place where the ink carriage rests on the right side of the printer. I have cleaned out the chunks and goo as best I can with a water dampened sponge . Printer will print a few pages and then show carriage jam message again. How can I get all of the old sticky ink removed so that the movable gadget below the carriage operates freely?
01-29-2014 01:37 PM
I am having the same problem. I keep getting a Carriage Jam error and notice that the carriage won't go all the way to the right. After removing the ink cartridges I saw a big clump of gooey ink and thought that was the problem. Tried to clean the goo but didn't have much luck. Of course the problem isn't fixed. I even replaced my ink cartridges with new ones, but the problem still exists. Help! I love my HP printer and was hoping not to have to buy a new one.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)