Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 3 (234 Views)

Carriage jam on Photosmart 2575

I had a big build up of sticky ink below the place where the ink carriage rests on the right side of the printer.  I have cleaned out the chunks and goo as best I can with a water dampened sponge .  Printer will print a few pages and then show carriage jam message again.  How can I get all of the old sticky ink removed so that the movable gadget below the carriage operates freely? 

Student
Message 2 of 3 (149 Views)

Re: Carriage jam on Photosmart 2575

I am having the same problem. I keep getting a Carriage Jam error and notice that the carriage won't go all the way to the right. After removing the ink cartridges I saw a big clump of gooey ink and thought that was the problem. Tried to clean the goo but didn't have much luck. Of course the problem isn't fixed. I even replaced my ink cartridges with new ones, but the problem still exists. Help! I love my HP printer and was hoping not to have to buy a new one.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (14 Views)

Re: Carriage jam on Photosmart 2575

Birdgirl1234 wrote:

I am having the same problem. I keep getting a Carriage Jam error and notice that the carriage won't go all the way to the right. After removing the ink cartridges I saw a big clump of gooey ink and thought that was the problem. Tried to clean the goo but didn't have much luck. Of course the problem isn't fixed. I even replaced my ink cartridges with new ones, but the problem still exists. Help! I love my HP printer and was hoping not to have to buy a new one.

I had this same problem, and found the slider below the print heads that appears to wipe them clean, was not sliding smoothly. I cured it by

1) open the lid and take out the cartridges.

2) slide the print head some distance to the left so you can get to the slider with the rubber 'feathers ' on top.

3) slide the slider towards the back of the machine as far as it will go.

4) soak some absorbent material with water, I used toilet paper.

5) while sliding the slider slowly forward squeeze some water onto the left side of the slider so it lubricates the track it slides in.

6) slide the slider back again and lubricate the right side as well.

7) work the slider forward and back a few times, with more wet wipe as needed until it slides easily.

8) end with the slider as close to the front of the printer as possible.

9) slide the print head back to the extreme right, and re-insert the ink cartridges and close the lid.

10) Say three Hail Mary's or other appropriate incantations, and then try to print the self-test. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation