Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 7510
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi. I purchased an HP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One Printer - C311a  while living in Hong Kong and just relocated to the UK. Due to HP printer regionalization, the printer is not compatible with ink cartridges sold in the EMEA region.

I've read that you can call HP support to generate a special code to change a printer's region up to 3 times, but you can only call support with a valid warranty. I attempted to extend the warranty of this printer, but the HP Carepack website tells me "Unfortunately, the warranty of this product can no longer be extended."

This printer is not very old, still in great condition and I just spent £100 on HP photo paper and ink cartridges (before I learned that they won't work). I get the feeling HP would tell me either I wasted my money or I can waste more money by buying a Photosmart 7520.

Is there any other way to change the region of this printer? If not, it seems my only options are to cut my losses and buy 3rd party ink cartridges or switch to Canon printers.

Thanks for any advice,

Jeremy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Jeremy,

Fill the form below to get the contat details for the UK, if you being declined as the printer is not in warranty follow the steps on screen to dispute and select Ink cartridges or accessories in warranty, you will get a case number and the contact details per your cartridges warranty:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/contact-hp/product/HP-Photosmart-7510-e-All-in-One-Printer-series---C31...

Be aware that you must have the printer installed on a computer and a full set of all 5 genuine and warrantied HP 364 ink cartridges (Black, Magenta, Cyan, Yellow & Photo) so HP can set your printer to use them.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

HP in the UK should help you to change region under inks warranty, not printer warranty. Please call them and tell tem that.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks Banhein,

I did call the HP number printed on the ink cartridge box. It was a Netherlands number that actually went to a phone conferencing service rather than a support line.

Do you by any chance have a number for HP UK?

Best regards,

Jeremy

HP Recommended

Hi Jeremy,

Fill the form below to get the contat details for the UK, if you being declined as the printer is not in warranty follow the steps on screen to dispute and select Ink cartridges or accessories in warranty, you will get a case number and the contact details per your cartridges warranty:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/contact-hp/product/HP-Photosmart-7510-e-All-in-One-Printer-series---C31...

Be aware that you must have the printer installed on a computer and a full set of all 5 genuine and warrantied HP 364 ink cartridges (Black, Magenta, Cyan, Yellow & Photo) so HP can set your printer to use them.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.