Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have a HP PSC 1210 using a HP Pavilion G6 running Windows 7.  How do I check my ink levels? There used to be the HP toolbox but that has disappeared. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Look at this link here on the FAQs for the upgrade on this printer to Windows 7 driver installation. Some of the advanced features are not available. The printer toolbox  has a workaround for checking the estimated ink levels.  There are two listed. Under the frequently asked questions click the plus sign by “HP Toolbox Workarounds” this is near the end of the page. There is also some great info under the FAQs for Solution center too. 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Look at this link here on the FAQs for the upgrade on this printer to Windows 7 driver installation. Some of the advanced features are not available. The printer toolbox  has a workaround for checking the estimated ink levels.  There are two listed. Under the frequently asked questions click the plus sign by “HP Toolbox Workarounds” this is near the end of the page. There is also some great info under the FAQs for Solution center too. 

HP Recommended

2I tried the solution give for opening toolbox for HP1210v all-in-one using Windows 7 but it did not work.  When I go to file, print, then the option is preferences, there is no box Features.  I tried all the others - Advanced, Paper/Quality, Effects, Finishing, Color, but there is nothing on any of them, either.

Please advise.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

@Hambrismommy  One can also check the ink levels by printing a self test page from the device itself. Here is a link  that will show how to print a self test from the printer. It will show the steps for a PSC 1200 series printers toward the end of the chart provided in the link. One would apply the same sequence listed to any printer in that series. I hope that this helps.

HP Recommended

Make sure paper is load and hold down the cancel button and the collor button at the same time and release both buttons and the ink level will print automaic 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.