Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP nvy 4500
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

How do I check what the printing status is, e.g. what print jobs are in the queue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for letting me know that helped @hbf1842.

Have a wonderful day!

Please consider marking the post Message that resolved the issue as "Accept as Solution" so that anybody else in the HP community who may experience the same or similar issue will know what to do. 

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @hbf1842,

Thanks for showing your interest in the HP Forums! I see that you would like to know how to check the jobs in the queue. I would like to help.

1.  Go to the search box on the taskbar and enter devices and printers.
  2. Select Devices and Printers and find your printer on the list.
  3. Right-click on it and select See what's printing.

Let me know if those steps worked for you. If they did, that’s awesome! Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers! Good Luck!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

This will probably work, except that I can't find 'Devices and Printers'.  Is the Search Box the one called 'This PC' on the task bar? If so, when I entered 'Devices and Printers', it didn't find anything.

HP Recommended

Hi @hbf1842,

On the Startup screen with all the big icons, just start typing Devices and Printers and it should pop up to select it.

Here is a great video that walks you through the steps a different way: Checking the Print Queue in Windows 8.

Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Great! The video is really useful.

HP Recommended

Thanks for letting me know that helped @hbf1842.

Have a wonderful day!

Please consider marking the post Message that resolved the issue as "Accept as Solution" so that anybody else in the HP community who may experience the same or similar issue will know what to do. 

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.