07-29-2014 08:50 AM
I have a HP Deskjet F4480 printer. When color printing, colors were fading, etc. I changed the printer cartridge and it is actually worse now. The test paper indicates that no "red" colors are coming through. I cleaned the heads without any change. Could it have to do with the fact that I am using a recycled ink cartridge?
07-29-2014 10:08 AM
The troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve color not printing properly on your Deskjet F4480 printer. If the troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue I would suggest contacting your supplier for a replacement or a refund.
The quality of third party refill/reman cartridges varies greatly but is generally poor. See the document here for a study of cartridge quality.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)