11-27-2013 05:05 AM
So im trying to use this software for first time ever. please excuse my N00b questions.
I'm trying to do SNMPv3. after discovering my devices that had SNMP v1 enabled i select 1 printer for example (M4345) go to Config tab>Security>SNMP Version Access Control.
it shows disabled so for testing purposes i make up a username, i set Authentication to MD5 and Privacy to DES using same passphrase on both. select disable SNMPv1. Apply, and it was successful.
Now the problems
so to go back to disabled i just went through the web interface of the device itself, under networking>Mgmt. Protocols>SNMP and i delete username/password then uncheck box for v3.
Now in WJA if i refresh config of this particular device i keep getting this popup warning "You have changes that have not been set. Do you want to continue" no matter what i select i cant get it to show back to disabled for SNMP. it just shows modify ability.
1. are there any requirements for the passphrases when creating? do i need to create a MD5 hash else where first and use that for the passphrase?
2. How do i get WJA to show SNMPv3 as disabled again for a device? even when under the options for modify there is a disabled selection to choose, when i choose it and put in same username/passphrases i used initialy it loops right back to the pop up about having changes that have not been set.
3. is there a way to completely clear changes its trying to apply?
01-15-2014 01:51 PM
I am sorry you are having issues using WJA and SNMPv3. Since you are a new user, I would to make you aware of the Web Jetadmin web page (www.hp.com) and the Docuemnt tab. There are a variety of whitepapers there as well as videos that you can review about using WJA.
There is one whitepaper entitled, UNDERSTANDING SNMPv3 and HP Web Jetadmin that should be useful in helping you configure SNMPv3. The direct link to this whitepaper can be found at:
I hope this helps you address your question.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)