Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi, as you can probably guess I am trying to connect my HP Officejet Pro 8600 to my wireless Verizon hotspot.  I have tried to use the "Wireless Setup Wizard".  When prompted I chose the correct network, and entered the correct password.  After some time the printer displays:

Connection Successful

IP: No Link

Network Name: Not applicable

followed by a Hostname and the MAC address of the printer.  When I try to view the wireless connection the window states that I am not connected (as suspected). I then printed the "Wireless Network Test Results".  It reports "No problems found. Congratulations on the successful setup of your wireless printer." and everything under the "Diagnostics Results" section passes. Under the "Current Configuration" section the correct SSID is displayed, however the IP address comes up as 0.0.0.0 (which means I am not connected?). 

Also, I checked the Jetpack's configuration page and the MAC filtering is disabled.

Is it possible to connect this printer to a Verizon Jetpack (MiFi)? If so, what am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It looks like the printer is connecting to the network, just not receiving any IP information.

I will provide the simplest solution that typically resolves this issue.  To receive the best results, be certain to follow them in order.

1.  Power off the JetPack.

2.  Disconnect the power to the printer while it is on for 1 minute.

3.  Power on the JetPack and wait for the network connection to come back up.  This can be easily identified when other devices start connecting to it again.

4.  Reconnect the power to the printer and wait for the home screen to finish loading.

5.  Press the antenna icon and select Settings.

6.  Scroll down and select Restore Network Defaults.

7.  Once that is completed, reconnect the printer to the network with the Wireless Setup Wizard.

DHCP, dynamic host configuration protocol, is responsible for assigning IP information to devices automatically as they connect.  It is possible to connect to a network without DHCP, there just won't be any communication unless IP settings are set manually.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

It looks like the printer is connecting to the network, just not receiving any IP information.

I will provide the simplest solution that typically resolves this issue.  To receive the best results, be certain to follow them in order.

3.  Power on the JetPack and wait for the network connection to come back up.  This can be easily identified when other devices start connecting to it again.

4.  Reconnect the power to the printer and wait for the home screen to finish loading.

7.  Once that is completed, reconnect the printer to the network with the Wireless Setup Wizard.

DHCP, dynamic host configuration protocol, is responsible for assigning IP information to devices automatically as they connect.  It is possible to connect to a network without DHCP, there just won't be any communication unless IP settings are set manually.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

This worked for one computer - older iBook.  I've not had success with MacAir.  HP Utility connects on MacAir and I can run Utillty requsts but when I go to Print I get the message - The Printer is not responding.

HP Recommended
I finally got it working on both computers. Thanks.
HP Recommended

I tried the solution provided for the HP Officejet Pro 8600 but I still cannot see the SSID being broadcasted by my Verizon JetPack 4G-LTE.  I have a HP Officejet Pro x551dw printer.  For some reason, the setup and installation wizard and the setup wizard on the printer do not see this network. It has a strong signal, has the broadcasting enabled, but i still cannot see the SSID.  I have given the name so it could look for it specifically, but still nothing.  Thanks for your help.

@Cloud_Strider wrote:

HP Recommended

I have also been having on going problems since getting the new upgraded Verizon Jetpack 4G lte.  One minute my HP Officejet 8600 Plus will work, and then the next minute it wont.  The screen on the printer will become disabled, as well as the scanning feature will be disabled, as well as my fax and copier.

Can someone please give me a resolution that will work permanently?  I have tried everthing as well as having a computer guy come and set up the printer, but it will work one minute and then become disabled the next minute.

Please help!

Thank you.

HP Recommended

None of this is working for me. I have the HP 8625. It says the mac address filtering is enabled and i must add the mac address to my printer....HOW?

HP Recommended

I have the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 and recently got the Verizon Ellipsis Jetpack.  We have not been able to connect our laptop or my cellphone to the printer.  The printer says it's connected to the network, even provides an IP address.  We have done what was previously posted by others, yet it is still not recognizing the printer on the network.  Any help would be appreciated. 

HP Recommended

I work in a corporate helpdesk and was helping one of my users that works remotely on the Jetpack Ellipsis solve this very issue. We finally got it to work by:

1. Go to the Jetpack Setup (Type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of your web browser).

2. Go to Jetpack Settings->WiFi tab->Privacy Separator and switch it off.

3. Let it restart and after that you should be able to connect to the printer wirelessly provided your computer is also connected to the Jetpack.

Keep in mind this is a security setting to protect your computer from other devices that have connected to the Jetpack. Turning it on prevents other devices from connecting directly to your own computer through the Jetpack. Keep your Jetpack password safe. And you can always monitor what is connect to your Jetpack by going to the address above again then click on Connect Devices. If you see something other than your computer and printer that you do not recognize, you can click on Block.

Hope that helps someone else out there!

HP Recommended
Hi,

Thank you for choosing HP.

Please kindly open command prompt and type ipconfig. Please check what is the default gateway and make a note of it. Please enter that ip address in the browser at the address bar. As soon as the router page opens, please enter the password and go to jet pack settings on the left pane and check if privacy separator is enabled. If it is enabled, please disable it. Please restart the hotspot, printer and the computer. Then please check if that works. Privacy separator always block the devices to communicate. However, it will let devices join the network

Thank you,
Ricky
I am an HP Employee.

Please click kudos or thumbs up to say thanks for helping!
Please contact 1-800-474-6836 for further assistance.
Ricky
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.