07-15-2011 06:30 PM
My printer is an HP Photosmart C7280, and it is currently using a wireless network so that my laptop can print. My laptop is a mac, and my home computer is a dell pc that uses windows xp. I can't figure out a way to connect my home computer to my printer because the printer has to be hooked up to the wireless router, so I don't have an extra hole to plug anything into the back of the printer. My computer doesn't seem to recognize the wireless printer, but I'm not sure why. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
07-15-2011 09:48 PM
I am a bit unsure of your setup, but let me try a couple of things:
1. If your printer is connected to your router via wireless (or Ethernet), it does not matter how the computers are connected to the router; wired or wireless, they should be able to print.
2. If the PC cannot see the printer, download and run this utility: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-92
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)