Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I bought my HP C7250 Printer at Costco, and they now refill the cartridges.  But I've just tried to use one and get the "Missing or Damaged" message, or the "Not intended for use in this printer" message.. ????

It refers me to my manual, which I of course cannot find.  Help!  How do I reset this printer to accept these newly filled cartridges ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
It appears Costco damaged the cartridge so they are not working. Take them back and get your money refunded.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
It appears Costco damaged the cartridge so they are not working. Take them back and get your money refunded.
HP Recommended

I note you have given this same silly answer elsewhere. We now know that a firmware update by HP trying to stop customers using refilled cartridges is the problem. This will have a huge backlash on HP sales.

HP Recommended

Not back in 2014...

HP Recommended

That is true and I missed the date. Please accept my apologies. There are HP employees on here attempting damage limitation in answer to customers'concerns but they are basically ignoring the fact that HP have affected their use and enjoyment of their customers' printers in any way they see fit .

HP Recommended

The one comment about HP updating their software to reject a genuine HP ink cartridge that has been refilled is absolutely correct! This update has happened recently. I was happily using Costco's refill service untill today (3/27/17). My Costco  refilled 564XL black cartridge ran out of ink and I put another refilled Genuine HP 564XL cartridge in and my HP Photosmart 6520e All-in-one printer will not use it. I've been happily using HP printers since 1994, but now, Goodbye HP, hello Cannon.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.