02-17-2014 02:25 AM
My HP Officejet 6500 E710a-f is fitted with a Gadget for Duplex Printing.
That notwithstanding, the Print Settings do not provide an option for automatic Duplex Printing. The Settings only provide for a "Print One Sided" under which there is a Sub-Option that provides for "Manually Print on Both Sides" with the Intruction "Reload Paper when prompted to print the second side".
Have I perhaps looked for the Duplex Printing Option at the wrong place OR would there perhaps be something wrong with my Printer/Software?
More to the point, do I need to do anything to activate the Duplex Printing capability??
02-17-2014 05:14 AM
Ensure that the driver knows that a duplex unit is present on the printer (assuming that one is):
- For the printer instance in question, bring up the Printer properties dialogue.
- Select the Device settings tab.
- Ensure that the duplex unit is set to Installed rather than Not installed.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)