Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 1050
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

SInce I  installed 1050 printer software for windows 10 have had the following problems: When I print a document the paper feeds, the printer then does nothing for a while, then prints part, stalls, prints, stalls....... eventually the document is finished. If I photocopy a document it takes ages to print with it's stop start effect. Any ideas? Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Neptuno,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your printing issue.

I understand that you are using an HP Deskjet 1050 All-in-One Printer with a Windows 10 PC and the printer takes a long time to print or even copy. I would like to help with that.

I would start by performing a Power Reset on the printer.

Here is the support document intended for use with this type of issue - Slow Printing.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Neptuno,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your printing issue.

I understand that you are using an HP Deskjet 1050 All-in-One Printer with a Windows 10 PC and the printer takes a long time to print or even copy. I would like to help with that.

I would start by performing a Power Reset on the printer.

Here is the support document intended for use with this type of issue - Slow Printing.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I have a HP Deskjet 1050 All-in-one J410 series working with a PC windows 10.

Worked fine until yesterday when I received a paper jam because staples were found after

I cleared up the paper jam. Now, I received all lights lighting up when trying to print.

Changed both ink cartridges with new ones, went through all of your website help items with

cleaning rollers, cleaning cartridge, pulling out plugs from socket and back of unit and then

waiting 60 seconds to replug. Nothing seems to be working.

It would start to print then stops and all lights light up again.

Would anyone have any ideas on what I can do to get this printer up and running again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.