Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2540
Windows 8.1

Hi, I have a HP deskjet 2540 printer, which is not feeding the paper through when I try to print a document. It starts to go through then seems to get blocked, which prompts an error message saying either 'out of paper' or 'paper jam'. I have consulted all the troubleshooting solutions on the HP website with no success. It refuses to even print out a test page.

Can anyone offer any solutions to this problem?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello samarn1995,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I would like to offer a suggestion regarding the Deskjet 2540 and it not being able to pull in paper. I have noticed with top feeding printers such as this, that from time to time a foreign object can fall into the printer and cause this problem. 

Solution three, located here: The Printer Does Not Pick Up or Feed Paper, will best describe how to check for such things. If you have already checked, calling into our support team would be your next step.

Please call our technical support, if needed at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click here.

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I have same problem seems to be pulling more to the left then jamming I only used it 5 times done all the checks and tested about 100 times ruined 100 sheets of paper and nobody seems to be able to help other than a video of what to check so seems to be a mechanical fault inside as nothing is jammed!

HP Recommended

Hi Pete3003,

You would be best off calling into our support line since you have done all the checks, troubleshooting, etc. If the printer is still covered in the warranty of one year, a replacement will be offered once they verify the steps have been done.

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click HERE to get the support number for your region.

Regards,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Did you ever figure out what is causing your issue? I have the same thing happening to my printer - the pulling to the left and jamming... tried all the "tips" offered and nothing is helping. Please let me know - regards, Mike

HP Recommended
I'm having the same issue and it's driving me crazy!
HP Recommended

Hi Mike

did you resolve this at all? I'm having same problem and print out of warranty so can't get free phone support.

Helen

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.