08-06-2014 04:38 PM
I have just purchased a Deskjet 2540 and installed it on my Windows XP laptop. for some reason it will not print in black and white. Colour works but without black, I could not get the printer to align either.
I followed the FAQ solution of cleaning the printer heads but to no avail, is this a software issue or do I just have to replace the black ink cartridge.
08-07-2014 04:50 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums!
I understand your Deskjet 2540 will not print black ink. I will do my best to assist you! Make sure you have followed this entire HP document on Fixing Ink Streaks, Faded Prints, and Other Common Print Quality Problems.
You can try cleaning the printhead again to see if this makes a difference. If you print a self test page from the printer and you're missing black ink from this page, then this isn't a software issue. You can try changing the ink cartridge to see if this makes a difference.
Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you. Have a great night!
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)