03-03-2014 07:06 PM
Suddenly from no-where my working Deskjet 3520 suddenly stops printing, goes idle according to the print page, and subsequently tells me the 'spool is full'. Have tried this and other forums to find the probelm including removing and re-installing the printer and powering off the unit and on again. Now it won't even find the printer when i try to reinstall. Yay! The unit is also wired to my mac so I do not ahve a clue how to fix this. Coincidentally its almost out of toner in 2 cartridges but doubt this is linked as it's never done this before when cartridges run low........
Please can anyone help asap. I have a real backlog of docs I REALLY need to print.
03-05-2014 02:49 PM - edited 03-05-2014 02:51 PM
I can not say that I have an easy fix, or a document specific to this particular issue, I can however assure you that I am here to help and I do have some ideas.
Unplug the printer USB cable, and please use the instructions below to uninstall and clean up the Mac of HP software.
- Open the Applications folder > HP or Hewlett Packard folder > HP Uninstaller
- Click continue, click on one of the printers in the list.
- Hold down Control, Option and Command
- While holding the three buttons down, Click uninstall.
Reset Printing System
- Click the Apple icon ( ), and then clickSystem Preferences.
- In the Hardware section, click Print & Fax/Scan. The Print & Fax/Scan dialog box opens.
- Right-click (or Ctrl +click) in the left panel, and then click Reset printing system…
- Click OK to confirm the reset.
- Type the correct Name and Password.
- Click OK to reset the printing system. The Print & Fax dialog box shows no printer selected
- On the Dock, click Applications, and then clickUtilities.
- Double-clickDisk Utility.
- Highlight your hard drive/partition on the left (by default this is "Macintosh HD").
- Click the Repair Disk Permissions button at the bottom of the window.
- Once the repair is complete, restart the computer.
- Restart the computer.Last step > Connect the USB cable, download and install the HP Deskjet Full Feature Software and Drivers - Mac OS X 10.6, OS X 10.7, OS X 10.8.This last step is assuming you have the Deskjet 3520 e-All-in-One PrinterIf you have, the older deskjet 3520 (I don't think you do), you probably would not have found software on the computer to have 'scrubbed', but can reset the printing system and repair disk permissions and then use this driver > HP Print Driver for Mac OS X 10.6.Please let me know if this resolves the issue, thanks.
Actions speak louder than words, please click the Thumbs Up below to show you like/appreciate my post or to say thanks!
Please share what worked for you with others by marking this post as solved. It only takes a second to click the Accept as Solution button.
Thanks - I work on behalf of HP
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)