Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3522
Windows 7

Error code displayed on the printer "0XC0260000 TRTHREAD STOP C"  HP does not seem to know what thier own error message are!. Connected via Internet

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @eqalizr

Welcome to the HP Support Forums.  I see that you are getting an error message on your Deskjet 3522 printer.

I have included the 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error M... document.  It will walk you through the troubleshooting steps for the error message that you are receiving.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

N/M

HP Recommended

This response gets me knowwhere.

Is it time to look for another printer company?

I'm trying the alignment process to see if it does anything.

HP Recommended

The alignment process seems to have eliminated the error message.  Hurray!

However, the original problem still exists in that the printer drops it online connectivity.

However, if the Wireless button is selected, the printer shows connected to the appropriate IP address and shows the network name.  When the ePrint button is selected, it tries to connect and states the printer is not connected to the internet and cannot display the HP email address of the printer.

Turning Wireless off and on fails to connect the printer.   To do that, I need to Power off, the Power on the printer and it stays connected for "awhile".  I don't know how long "awhile" is.

I can't imagine this has to do with the AT&T Gateway as I can connect to the internet, when the printer says it cannot throught the same Gateway, a Pace Plc Model 5268AC.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem and discovered the issue. Its was the AT&T gateway. It has 2 wireless networks, one for 2.4G devices and one for 5G devices. I found that the passphace was configured differently on both of them, thye both use the same SSID. The printer supports both of these networks and will bounce from one to the other. When it connected to the one with a different password it would drop. To resolve this, I made sure both wireless networks had the same passphase so now when the printer tries to connect to either one, it will use the same passsword and connect successfully. Don't blame the printer, it works as designed and HP isn't going to know right off how all routers work until they do some investigations. Issue resolved!

HP Recommended

Thank you Zerlinger,

I agree that the problem is not with the printer.  The problem indeed started when I got the new AT&T Router.

Both the 2.4 and 5 GHz interface have the same password and same Wi-Fi Password, the default as printed on the label.  Sometimes one the printer, the Wireless will show connected, while ePrint says that it cannot connect.  Windows says the printer is offline.

I can think of three options.

1. Set the two Wi-Fi Passwords to the same value (assuming the default is not correct)
  2. Disable the 5 GHz Radio
  3. Change the Network Name and Password to the 5GHz radio

Options 2 and 3 above assume the 2.4GHz radio has the correct Wi-Fi password.  If I disable one radio and cannot connect, then the problem is the other radio.

HP Recommended

Based on Zerlinger's analysis, I have disabled the 5G Radio.  

Hopefully, by the time I have a Wi-Fi device that does not accept the 2.4G signal, I will also have upgraded the printer.

So, for now, I am okay.

Thank you again, Zerlinger for pointing me in the right direction.

HP Recommended

I have fully resolved all of my problems with the HP printer.

I have replaced subject printer with Epson.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.