Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3845
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have a Deskjet 3845 which has always worked perfectly. It is connected to a desktop running Win 10 64 bit.

Suddenly it stopped printing the magenta tones, i.e. any image is just coming with yellow and blue.

I checked the printing preferences and all seem right. I run the cleaning cycle.... no changes. I disinstalled and reinstalled the drivers....no change. I replaced the cartridge with a new original one....no change.

Any suggestion on how to fix this issue ?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ sailsimenon

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Deskjet 3845 printer. I understand that you are getting issues with Magenta ink cartridge and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

• This may be caused by the spray nozzles being clogged or by the cartridge running out of ink.
  • If the inkjet print cartridge is running out of ink, replace the cartridge.
  • If it is not low on ink, try the cleaning process.

Click here to check the last step in the document and perform the cleaning process.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Let me know how you make out.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply but....it looks like you did not read my posting and just replied with a standard answer.

I already tried all the steps you mentioned and even installed a brand new original cartridge....without solving the issue.

If you can help with the "next level" troubleshooting would be really appreciated.

HP Recommended

@sailsimenon

Thanks for the reply.

I understand that you have extensive knowledge about printer repair.

Hat off to you on that score.

It seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to contact HP phone support for assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.