Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet F4480
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a Deskjet F4480 that won't print text smaller than size 24.  Originally it was shooting out blank pages, I cleaned the printer heads, switched in new cartridges (both color and black) and finally got it to print.  However, it only prints out text that is larger than size 24.  I reinstalled the most up to date software and drivers.  Not sure what else I can do.  Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@itsfrancis6

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Deskjet F4480 All-in-One Printer and it does not print text that is smaller than size 24. I read that you have cleaned the printheads, installed new cartridges and still the printer does print text that is larger than size 24. You have reinstalled the latest drivers too You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Did any changes take place in the printer software or did any updates happen?
  • Have you tried printing from other applications like Microsoft Word, Notepad, etc. and checked?
  • Does the printer copy texts which is smaller than size 24?

Meanwhile, I did some research and it does not look like a hardware issue at all. The evidence indicates towards some settings or drivers. I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. This is a free tool for Windows to help resolve printing driver issues.
  • Post running the print and scan doctor, you may try to print text smaller than size 24 and check. If the printer still does not print then let us uninstall the printer drivers from the root level by following the below steps:
  • In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.

You may download and install the drivers from this link

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Please feel free to let me know how it goes. Cheers! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.