Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet Ink Advantage 5525
Linux

I've read previous messages and advice on cartridge compatibility.

I bought my priter in South Africa. Will the 655 XL cartridges available in the UK work without any re-set or is there another cartridge I should use?

I don't havea set of cartridges from South Africa so, if I need to reset the code with HP assistance, can I use UK supplied ones?

My printer is out of warranty and I use a LInux OS - Ubuntu MInt 17.3, Cinnamon 64bit. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @padraigm

Welcome to the HP Forums! 

I saw your post about wondering if can use UK supplied ink cartridges HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 5525 printer. I am happy to answer this for you!

There are settings that would need to be changed within the printer in order to use the UK supplied ink cartridges. 

Please contact HP phone support for further assistance for these settings. (After you fill out the information, you will be given a phone number.) If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

Please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

Hope this answers your question, and have a nice day! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Hi RnRMusicMan and thanks for your response. This was helpful.

However I've discovered that I should have broughta full set of cartridges from South Africa because both region's cartridges are needed for the regional re-set. I was told this a few minutes ago when I contacted the HP support line.

I had to remove the cartridges for international transport, so now I have to (somehow) at considerable expense for shipping (well exceeding the value of the printer) and possible customs tariffs etc., import a set of cartridges which will be discarded, unused, as soon as the re-set has been completed. I have to incur the expense of a new set of UK cartridges in addition.

This is quite unacceptable because the reason can be only that HP is obscuring price differences for their products in different regions. This is not really acceptable to the average customer. At the  very least a warning of this should be included in the box when the item is purchased.

HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.