Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Having same problem, the display started going out about a year after purchase.  Now I cannot read one single thing on it.  Besides this problem, if you do not replace the color ink (I only use black ink at work so I just never replaced the color), it will cause you pains.  I hate to be "that guy" that thinks there is a conspiracy, however I do believe that the powers that be at HP have this figured out to benefit themselves.  They make a ton of money off of selling you the ink, (which is priced higher than unicorn blood) not the printer itself...so If you don't keep the ink's replaced you have to hit ok then cancel every day, numerous times per day..so that you may get so frustrated that you'll actually go out and buy the color inks just to quit having to mess with the hassle.  Sorry for my soapbox ramble..thanks for listening.  HP!  you folks should listen to what we are saying because I'm about to drop you permanently from my vocabulary.  This is no better than putting faulty tires on Ford Explorers.

HP Recommended
Your not rambling, you're right! First I had problem with hard drive and though it was less then 90 days they said it was out of warranty even though it had a years warranty! Next the Printer drivers wouldn't load! the the LC screen faded to nothing! After that the mother board on my laptop failed! HP are listing to US!!!
HP Recommended

Same here! HP OfficeJet 6500 Wireless, unit seems to be fine but display screen totally shot. {Content Removed: legal discussion} Disapponted that HP hasn't responded given all the info/problems with this. Will stay on it. 

HP Recommended

Let's add another user to this ever-growing list. It is very frustrating that the screen just dissolves away making the device complete useless.

HP Recommended

Add me to this list.  My Officejet6500 has an unreadable screen.  It severely limits it's usefulness.   If in fact the screen cannot be repaired nor software fixed I think HP may have gotten over on us.  I'd will definitely end my relationship with HP which is many years in the making.  There's gotta be a way for HP to help us out.  Dang!

HP Recommended

Well, isn't this CUTE!!! Here's a whole bunch of us all experiencing the same problem because of a faulty design by HP and HP sits idly by expecting all of us to train their engineers at our expense!! We send them in to get repaired, they find out the cause, we pay for their education! I've had nothing but HP printers for a long, long time. Forget this!!! How in the world can you use a printer that gives you no idea what it's doing??? These things are good for little more than a fancy boat anchor!!! You can be assured my next new printer will NOT be an HP!!! Not unless they do something about this fiasco that's been perpetrated upon all of us unfortunate enough to get stuck with one of these printers. Hello Canon!!!

HP Recommended

What is a next step for us?  How can we publicize HP's lack of caring?  Let's get this word out to places that review.  Amazon is one.  Better Business Bureau is another.  Other ideas?

HP Recommended

I also just noticed that my display is dissolving on my HP 6500 wireless.  Any hope for a solution or are these just throwaway printers these days?

HP Recommended

Well after a complete non response from HP on this worthless ( because the screen can't be read and obviously HP knew about it but just told us by their non response that they just don't care about the folks that plunked down their hard earned cash) piece of junk, I've solved the problem.  I've gone over to another company, Cannon.  I got an amazing printer and will never, after three HP printers, go back to HP.  I will also be sure to share my story with my associates.  Apparently HP has way too many customers and they want to cut back.  Well done HP.  😞

HP Recommended

:HalfEyes: I got the same response from them!   My wife's printer the screen went nearly blank!  Then the frustration of their personal drive I had for less then two months and went bad! I had a years warranty on it but I had to fight them for almost 3 months with them saying it was out of warranty, because someone on their-side imputed the date wrong and even though I faxed them the printed invoice they still said it was out of warranty! Next my laptop just went out of warranty and the screen went BLANK and it wouldn't work with it plugged into a monitor! Then I found out that the card for the monitor was on the mother board and it would have cost more to replace it then to buy new!  After all of this I purchased a Dell Laptop and a Cannon Printer and both are working great!  Because of their attitude I totally lost faith in their products!!! :manfrustrated:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.