Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hello everyone,

I am using an HP Officejet Pro L7590 All-in-one series printer on Windows XP. I have been trying to print out a two page pdf document double sided from adobe reader but the second page comes out upside down. The pages have landscape orientation.

I've been unable to fix the problem. I can't see anyway to change what edge the page flips on or any other way to approach the problem.

Can anybody help please!
65 REPLIES 65
HP Recommended

CPAGADMIN wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am using an HP Officejet Pro L7590 All-in-one series printer on Windows XP. I have been trying to print out a two page pdf document double sided from adobe reader but the second page comes out upside down. The pages have landscape orientation.

I've been unable to fix the problem. I can't see anyway to change what edge the page flips on or any other way to approach the problem.

Can anybody help please!

I do not have the L7590 or XP, but you should look for a "Finishing" tab in the driver.  There should be options for "flip on long edge" or "flip on short edge".  In other printer models the selection may be found in the "Features" tab where a "flip pages up" box may be checked or unchecked.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I have spent over six hours today dealing with a "second page prints upside down" document issue on my HP 7780 All in One. This problem has nothing to do with any settings...and, sadly my driver doesn't offer a "finishing tab" (It does have a flip up check box). I have used every combination of advanced settings possible - and probably duplicated my attempts more than once. To add to the issue, several times, when I hit print, the document defaulted from landscape view to portrait so I had to cancel the print job.

I was attempting to print a Publisher booklet document form. At first I thought that the Publisher booklet format was the issue. So I re-formatted to non-booklet.... a futile waste of time. Then, I printed an Adobe PDF, sent it to the printer but still had the same "upside-down" problem.

Last week I successfully printed the booklet - in fact 30 of them... so I know the printer can do it - and that I can configure it to make it work but.... not today.... I trolled the Internet - lots of suggestions for this problem with Vista - little to nothing for XP. HP Chat support is not functional - hasn't been the last few times I gave it a try. So... my last effort. I broke down and removed ALL the software and re-loaded from the web... to no avail. I have the same problem I started with this morning.

Here are my stats: Officejet Pro 7780 All in One; Windows 89; Wireless connection; Publisher and PDF (and probably all other) two-sided documents print upside down on the second page - so it is not possible to make two sided documents. Any help out there? I am going crazy. Save me from myself!

HP Recommended

I have an HP 8500 all-in-one printer and I finally figured out how to stop the second page from being upside down.   Make sure that after Two-sided is checked that the Two-Sided pull down menu below says Short-Edge binding and NOT Long-Edge binding.  That worked for me!  Hope this helps some.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem printing on A4 paper from a document in Word 2007. I had to set the paper size in the printer properties as A4 and the paper size in Word as Letter (check all sections) to solve the issue

HP Recommended

@iotc wrote:

I had the same problem printing on A4 paper from a document in Word 2007. I had to set the paper size in the printer properties as A4 and the paper size in Word as Letter (check all sections) to solve the issue

What printer model?  What operating system?  There is an issue in Vista that can be corrected with a patch for many printers, see here for details.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thanks - I'm using Windows 7.

The same problem showed up with my husband's XP - so who knows?

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem. I am using Windows 7, Word 2007 and an HP Officejet Pro 8500. Duplex printing works fine unless I have a section in the document where the page orientation changes from portrait to landscape in which case the reverse side of the pages in the portrait section before the change of orientation are printed upside down. This is clearly a bug as duplex printing works fine in all other circumstances. Please help.

Cliff

HP Recommended

My HP Laserjet 3005 (PCL6) makes correctly positioned double-sided prints with the following "Finishing" settings (in the "File print - Properties" Adobe Acrobat 8 Pro command window):

- print on both sides

- booklet layout: OFF

- 1 page per sheet

- orientation: landscape

Left edge should be shown as the binding edge (but not chosen as such in the "booklet layout" option).

It has also taken me some time and experimentation to get rid of the upside down double-sided landscape outprints.

HP Recommended

I notice not a lot of help from the "suport team" here guys. WTF?

My Officejet pro 8500a was bought for the convenience of being able to print booklet form double sided.

Either give us a patch or a real solution or stop making crap products that don't do what you say they will.

I've scoured the internet and looked at all the so-called suport options you have listed and nada nothing zip.

I am waiting (and so it would appear is everyone else on this forum)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.