Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When  viewing the "preview window" while attempting to print content off the web, a checkbox no longer appears (as it used to) allowing me to choose duplex printing.  I'm forced to print only on 1 side & use double the paper.  Earlier today I believe I did download an "update" from HP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @Jim315 – Hope you are well 🙂

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

I understand that you are facing issues while printing 2-sided / duplex on your Officejet 6830 printer. I would suggest the steps mentioned below to try and fix the issue:

1. Go to Control panel – Devices and printers.
  2. Right-click on Officejet 6830 and select “Printing preferences”.
  3. Under the Paper/Quality or Layout tab, select the 2-sided / duplex printing option.
  4. Apply and save the settings. Now try to print.

If the issue still persists, then the issue could be with the printer drivers and I would recommend installing the updated printer drivers for smooth printer functioning. Here are the steps:

• Unplug the USB cable from the printer and computer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click on http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL54365/bi-131210-2/OJ6830_Basicx64_73.exe to download and install the printer drivers.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
  • Now, again change the printing preferences and try to print 2-sided and check.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello, @Jim315 – Hope you are well 🙂

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

I understand that you are facing issues while printing 2-sided / duplex on your Officejet 6830 printer. I would suggest the steps mentioned below to try and fix the issue:

1. Go to Control panel – Devices and printers.
  2. Right-click on Officejet 6830 and select “Printing preferences”.
  3. Under the Paper/Quality or Layout tab, select the 2-sided / duplex printing option.
  4. Apply and save the settings. Now try to print.

If the issue still persists, then the issue could be with the printer drivers and I would recommend installing the updated printer drivers for smooth printer functioning. Here are the steps:

• Unplug the USB cable from the printer and computer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click on http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL54365/bi-131210-2/OJ6830_Basicx64_73.exe to download and install the printer drivers.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
  • Now, again change the printing preferences and try to print 2-sided and check.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Good luck 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.