Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 4520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had my Envy since December and up until today it has been great. It will not print or scan. I have tried everything that I can think of.  I've used the HP Print and Scan Doctor a number of times. I have checked my wireless settings more than once, I have downloaded the drivers and software and re-installed the printer. I have triple checked my wireless settings. The printer is telling me that it is connected, the error message that I am getting is telling me that printer is visible from my computer but cannot communicate. I have even done a computer system restore in the event that this was a computer problem.  I am out of ideas. Can someone help?  This is the Envy 4520 and I have windows 10. I last printed something 2 days ago and it was fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @SandyC5,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your communication issue. 

I understand that you are using an HP ENVY 4520 All-in-One Printer with a Windows 10 computer and you are no longer able to print or scan wirelessly. I would like to help with that.

Here is a support document that can help with a lot of communication issues - 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10).

You mentioned that you ran the HP Print and Scan Doctor which did not help. When that happens, the next thing that I do is uninstall all software and drivers related to the printer. Here is a support document that can help with that if needed - Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows).

Next, try using the HP Printer Install Wizard for the installation. This tool will find the most recent version of the printer's software and help with the installation.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @SandyC5,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your communication issue. 

I understand that you are using an HP ENVY 4520 All-in-One Printer with a Windows 10 computer and you are no longer able to print or scan wirelessly. I would like to help with that.

Here is a support document that can help with a lot of communication issues - 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10).

You mentioned that you ran the HP Print and Scan Doctor which did not help. When that happens, the next thing that I do is uninstall all software and drivers related to the printer. Here is a support document that can help with that if needed - Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows).

Next, try using the HP Printer Install Wizard for the installation. This tool will find the most recent version of the printer's software and help with the installation.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help.  I did go through all of these steps on my own last night and my printer is working again. Your reply would have saved me a lot of time and frustration as it took quite some time for me to figure all of this out on my own.  Hopefully someone else will be saved that level of frustration and if I ever have this problem again I'll be coming right back here to read your response again. Thanks.

Sandy

HP Recommended

This fixed my scan issues by using the Print and Scan doctor and installing missing software. I still have an issue with very slow copying. Takes about 5 1/2 minutes to copy one black and white copy.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.