02-26-2014 12:28 AM
I recently purchaced an ENVY 5530 printer. It prints just fine from my phone, but will not work with my laptop. I am currently using an HP ENVY m6 notebook. I tried the troubleshooting and loaded the print and scan doctor app. After going step by step through the app, it finally prints an internal test page and tells me I have an unfixable problem and to uninstall my software and install from the factory cd. Does anybody have a fix for this? It is simply infuriating staring at this $130 paperweight.
02-28-2014 05:24 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums!
For being able to print from your phone this proves that the functionality of the printer, as well as the wireless connection. For not printing from the notebook, the first step I would suggest is stopping, and starting the print spooler. I have included the document 'How To Restart The Print Spooler Service In Windows 8'.
To clarify as well, when you printed the test page from the Print and Scan Doctor. Was it the first, or second test page the printed?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)