Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

It is connected to the new WiFi but will not connect to the Mac.  Can I install without uninstalling the old software?

HP Recommended

Running Windows 7 Professional - HP ENVY 4500 worked fine from the day I installed to last Thursday (Jan 14 2016). No new hardware or software was added. I have been trying to solve this problem all weekend. I have tried *everything* in here, HP install Wizard, direct drivers installation, uninstall new full package downloaded from HP (which does not have a Level 3 Uninstall), reinstall, numerous times.    No change in the problem.

-Printing from notepad, Prints fine.
-Printing from Acrobat Reader, Prints fine.
-Printing from Word 2010, does the same ghost appearance in the spool then nothing.
-Printing from Excel 2010, it appears in the spool then disappears and excel says there's a problem with the printer.
-Going in the printer properties and trying to print a test page it appears in the spool then disappears and says there's an error and it can't print.
-HP Print and Scan Doctor says everything is fine and then prints its test page.

Thoughts??

HP Recommended

Recently purchased an HP Envy 4507 and having exactly the same issues as SgtSnafu. Tried USB and WiFi. The fact that the Windows 7 x64 print test page fails suggests a fundemental problem with the driver. I tried the HP Officejet Pro K550 Series driver, as suggested by dhstsw, and that indeed works but it is for an old printer and I'm not certain about the quality of photos printed using it. Have I bought a lemon?

Adrian

HP Recommended

I'm so pissed with HP right now. The process for help is ridiculous and totally not worth the money that I put into products from HP. My printer will not print anything other than the test page. I have tried using the HP Print and Scan Doctor, uninstalling and reinstalling the printer using a level three uninstall, turning on and off the printer, rebooting my computer and all with no success.

What is the problem that the printer will not print anything other than the test page? Please help!! I'm totally exploring other brands because this is totally ridiculous.

HP Recommended

Has anyone found the answer to this problem yet?  

We have recently purchased this printer, I seem to be the only one that can print to it from my laptop!!  We have it installed on 3 other laptops and a desktop all running Windows 10, no-one else can print, everything is fine with installation I have uninstalled/reinstalled by downloading latest software but still we have this issue where computer thinks it's printed but nothing comes out.  When I went through troubleshooting it failed to print a test page however it succeeded to print an internal test print... answer was to uninstall and reinstall which I have done but still have the same problem.  At the moment we are all having to save docs to a shared location so I can pick up and print which is ridiculous.  The printer sits by the desktop so we have even tried connecting via USB but it still won't print and behaves in the exact same manner.  I'm actually quite savvy with computers but this is driving me crazy.  I have done the restarting spool service, emptying spool folder (there are tmp files in here after every print failure), computer shows online and working properly.

Any suggestions gratefully received!!

HP Recommended

Well, well, well.... Just been troubleshooting again and thought lets have a look in properties to see if any alternative drivers.  This is how I resolved my issue:

Got to Devices and Printers

Right click on HP Envy 4500

Select Printer Properties

Advanced Tab

Choose HP Envy 4500 series Class Driver from the Driver drop down

Apply

BINGO I can now print - hooray.  Hope this works for others.

HP Recommended

Which solution? 

HP Recommended

I posted the solution above??

Go to Devices and Printers

Right click on HP Envy 4500

Select Printer Properties

Advanced Tab

Choose HP Envy 4500 series Class Driver from the Driver drop down

Apply

This worked for me on all computers/laptops

HP Recommended

Okay, Tried that. I already have the HP envy driver selected. So, thanks for the response but that doesn't seem to be the problem. My printer is printing all test pages just fine, but when I try and print a text document it acts like it is printing and then spits out a blank page. 

HP Recommended

Your issue is different to mine, in my case nothing came out.  For information to others there are 2 drivers for the HP Envy 4500, if you are having the same issue as me where says it's printing but nothing happens then try selecting the HP Envy 4500 Series Class driver

printer properties.jpg

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.