Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5540
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My printer keeps printing a settings page before the required document - settings page includes such detail as document name etc.  This is doubling my page count each month for cartridge support.  How do I turn this settings page off.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello PAMiles,

Thanks for showing interest in the HP Support Forums!

I see that you want to stop the document information page that is printing out before each document that you send to the printer. I would be happy to look into this with you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

It sounds like you're printing from MS Word when you experience this problem, is this correct?

Please try the steps within this guide to turn off 'Document Properties': An additional page that contains document information is printed in Word

If you need further assistance, please let me know. 🙂 

I hope you have a great day!

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello PAMiles,

Thanks for showing interest in the HP Support Forums!

I see that you want to stop the document information page that is printing out before each document that you send to the printer. I would be happy to look into this with you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

It sounds like you're printing from MS Word when you experience this problem, is this correct?

Please try the steps within this guide to turn off 'Document Properties': An additional page that contains document information is printed in Word

If you need further assistance, please let me know. 🙂 

I hope you have a great day!

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
Excellent, thank you very much for this, very much appreciated!

Regards

Phil Miles
HP Recommended

Hello PAMile,

You're welcome!

I hope you have a wonderful day! 🙂 

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.