Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I used Revo uninstaller and still have the same error messages and the computer not seeing the printer.  It did work at one time and it still works on other computers, but not my HP Envy.  At this point it will be quicker to reimage the computer than try to track down this software bug.  For now I'll use the other computer for my scans or else use the 7610 until I have time to reimage the computer.  It will be a couple of months before that happens since I'm overwhelmed with work right now.  It seems so odd that the HP troubleshooting can access the scanner, but the scanner driver cannot.  Obviously some bit somewhere is flipped the wrong way, but I have no idea how to find out what. 

Thanks for you suggestions, but the problem seems to be beyond repair.

HP Recommended

Hi! @RickA, Thanks for your response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

It looks some of the printer drivers files are corrupted or deleted due to which even after reinstalling the driver the issue still persists.

Please try the steps recommended below to uninstall printer software from root level.

In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
Select your HP printer.
Select Uninstall.
In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
Click on Drivers tab.
Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
Select OK.
Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
Close Devices and Printers.

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you format your PC and try installing the printer software again and check if it helps.

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response. 

I uninstalled and printui found things still on the computer.  I told it to remove the package and it failed.  I tried safe mode, but that didn't work, but when I rebooted, I quickly went to printui and was able to delete both the fax and regular versions with printui. 

Upon trying to reinstall, it tells me "The device is on your network but the network software is unable to find it using the typical network discovery method.  You can install the device and operate it normally over the network using the IP address of the device." 

I turned off windows firewall and tried again.  It repeated the same message, so I installed it using the IP address.  That seems to have fixed the problem and it now scans to my computer from the printer.  It also works to initiate the scan from the computer.  Windows scan also works.

Thanks for you help.  This has fixed it. 

HP Recommended

I have the same issue! If I load the  Windows Fax and Scan program it will scan to the computer, Win 10. Otherwise I cannot use the touch screen scan features on the printer to send the scan to my computer.

HP Recommended

I've been seeing this for years now especially when trying to scan over the network.  I'm working on a clients PC as we speak and just uninstalled and reinstalled the software and it still doesn't scan. 

HP Recommended

windows 10 wireless

HP Recommended

that link is not found

HP Recommended

what is ADF?

HP Recommended

@pepe5150

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.