Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4250
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I just set up my HP ENVY 4520 all in one inkjet. It is connected to Wifi and to my computer. I know it is connected, because it allows me to wirelessly scan a document from the ENVY to my computer; and it allows me to "Print Info Page" from HPs website. However, when I try to print documents from my computer (including from PDF, Word, a webpage, etc.), it doesn't work. After clicking "print" and selecting the ENVY (network) as the printer, it shows a progress bar, which makes it to 100%, but then nothing happens -- the print job does not appear in the "See What's Printing" folder of the printer software, and nothing prints. Please help me. This is super frustrating.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you ensure that your OS is updated?

Try this self help document:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04372450

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Thanks, but I followed the instructions up to the point where I was supposed to rename the xpbx... file, but that file doesn't exist on my computer (at least not in the location I was directed to); and now I've already deleted the printers because those were the preliminary steps. This stinks.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you try to Uninstall and Reinstall the FULL feature software following these steps:

1. Uninstall the software in your computer
2. Download and save the FULL feature software (do not install it online)

The following resource will help you :

http://123.hp.com/us/en/

Key in your printer model, Operating System and download & install the FULL feature software.

3. Install the FULL feature “Saved” software

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

If you are not sure how to do this, the following resource will walk you through the steps:

How to Uninstall Download & Reinstall a Printer software

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.