Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

hp psc 1610 all in one printer's display shows Error:0x07d54dd6

2005:1ib_barracu

unit will not respond in any manner. I have tried disconnecting and

reconnecting but no luck.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi -

I recently was made aware of this self help page:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03081973

An Alphanumeric Code (Example: '0x...' or 'C2...') or 'Ink System Failure' Error Message Displays on the Front Panel When Printing

I'm not familiar with your particular issue, but maybe that page can help guide you to better information.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
HP Recommended

I was unable to perform the examples given above, the carriage wouldn't move so I couldn't remove either cartridge. Instead I did the following:

1. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.
  2. Wait 60 seconds.
  3. While holding both the # and 6 keys down on the front panel, reconnect the power cord.  The printer should automatically turn on, but if it doesn't or if it only appears to be on (showing just a lit blank screen),  while still holding the # and 6 keys down, turn on the printer by pressing the Power button.
  4. I was prompted to remove one of the cartridges, so I released the # and 6 buttons then proceeded to replaced the cartridge mentioned with a different one, then printer prompted again  (probably and old cartridge I had set aside to be recycled), so I replaced with a fresh HP cartridge from sealed packaging. Once the new cartridge was inserted, I closed the lid on the printer.
  5. If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so. You might receive various recalibration requests, just say okay to all of them and let the printer reset itself and print a page. At this point my issue was resolved and I could move on to the next steps if I had a document to print.
  6. If you disconnected the USB cable, reconnect it to the rear of the product.
  7. Try printing again.

Summary, rebooting the printer while holding the # and 6 keys allowed for the printer to reset and then decipher and communicate to me what the problem was. Just be sure to hold them down through the process until you know things have moved along (you start getting instructions from the printer menu) and also, I saw on youtube that you might have to do this more than once. The use of holding  # and 3 was also suggested, but I had seen the # and 6 in a couple of places, so that's what I tried and it worked! For disclosure, I am using an HP 7210 All in one Officejet but I think this works on other HP printers as well.

HP Recommended

Great advice, which worked for me after a few attempts. Screen showed "Semi Reset" and "Partial Reset" messages before it worked.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

I have the same error code on my Officejet 7210 all in one.  I followed the proceedure #6 did not work.  Article suggested #3 which reset the printer and alignment.  All is good

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.