Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4500
Windows 8

My HP ENVY 4500 all in one printer purchased in June 2013 has gone into a failed mode... Symptoms of power button flashing with error message in screen "ERROR CODE / OX83C0000A / NOS LOADER APP "...... Ink carriage to the far right and won't slide to the left..Ink cartridges are OEM HP 61 ink cartridges..  I have gone through all online instructions of how to correct this problem.. Unplugging unit / Plug directly into power outlet / sliding carriage to left and checking for paper jams (but I can't because my carrigae is stuck to the far right)  etc. with no luck. 

I see where there is another post in this Forum where someone had the same problem and called HP Support and was able to get this problem fixed over the phone... but thats it...no details on steps required to make repair.

When I called HP Support they told me my warranty is expired and if unplugging unit and plugging it back in doesn't fix it I need to upgrade my warranty and send unit in for repair???  Isn't there a program reboot step by step operation to get rid of this error message other than unplugging the printer and plugging it back in??  Is there a way to release my ink cartridge carriage so I can slide the carriage to the left to see if that will allow unit to reboot? 

If my only options are to upgrade my warranty or throw the printer away... Is there a technicians manual available for this unit??

Any "Technical Support" would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @Ireedude!

Thanks for posting on the HP Forums!

I understand your getting an  Ox83C0000A error code on the printer.  Did you have the power to the printer unplugged when you try to manually move the carriage in the printer?  If not try removing the power cable wile the top of the printer is open and move the carriage manually.  

An Ox error message usually means carriage jam but paper jams may cause the carriage to get stuck too.  You explained that you went through the online instructions to attempt to resolve the issue.  Plugging the printer into the wall directly is a great place to start!  Here I have located 2 documents regarding the issue.

A 'Carriage Jam' Message Displays on the HP ENVY 4500

A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP ENVY 4500

I was also able to locate the ENVY 4500 support page and the ENVY 4500 User guide!

HP ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One Printer support

HP ENVY 4500 user guide

Try following the carriage and paper jam documents if you have not already.  The user guide may be of some help as well.

Let me know if those documents resolved the issue and just to insure you have the correct support number I will provide it!

Our technical support is at 1-800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello Cbert...  Thanks for trying to find a solution for my problem... I have removed power to printer with top open to no avail... It almost seems as if there is a tab of some sort keeping the carriage from sliding to the left...there is very slight carriage movement but hitting a stop or something keeping it from sliding over... I noticed the lid switch is very easily depressed (assuming it is a simple magnetic switch and this could be normal) but attempted to manually hold the lid switch down and power unit back up and power down and power back up again...no action what so ever and after approx 20 seconds of power light flashing (which is not a constant steady flash at all times but almost like a count of on / off) the screen displays the error code again.  Is there something that could be holding the carriage up if a roller didn't stop in the proper position??  I do see slight belt movement when I attempt to manallly move the carriage which tells me the gears are all aligned...it just seems if there is something blocking the carriage from moving all the way over...And it's not paper... I'm ready to dig into this if you might have some dismatling instructions??  In this case my theory of "You cant fix it if your afraid to tear it apart" is in play... I won't blame anyone for any help in this direction if I destroy the printer.  Thanks again.

HP Recommended

not a problem @Ireedude!

Another thing I would suggest is when the printer is opened and unplugged push and hold the carriage against the right side of the printer tightly.  Wile holding the carriage, plug the power back in and the printer should turn itself on.  Keep holding the carriage to the right.  You may feel it try to move but keep holding it.  Once the printer stops making its startup noises release the carriage and close up the printer. Try doing a print job again and see if that helps.  Holding the carriage may force the carriage to reseat and become freed!

Let me know how it goes!

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Yes... I've attempted this as well...there is nothing mechanical trying to happen when power is applied...goes right to flashing power button and the hp symbol and scrolling line below the hp symbol for approx 20 seconds and then goes to the dreaded error code.... I'm about ready to throw in the towel as I'm needing to be able to print and will have to purchase a new printer (but will be tearing this sucker apart)...  I just find it unfortunate that this printer isn't 2 years old and there are many out in the social media world that are experiencing this same error and no answers on how to solve this problem.  In my dismantling process... If I get something to work I will let everyone know.

HP Recommended

Hey again @Ireedude!

The answers and steps to resolve the issue have been provided.  I apologise if the steps did not provide a solution but this is the best I can offer for this type of issue.   Unfortunately if those steps do not fix the issue then the printer may be damaged and need to be replaced.  Not all problems are going to have a resolution too them but the steps provided have worked for other customers experiencing the same issues as yourself.  If the printer is rendered damaged then I would suggest contacting the HP phone support.  There may be something more they can do for you.

Please call our technical support at 1-800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hey honor student! did you ever find a solution to your hp envy printer? i am currently dealing with the same problem. Just needing to print and I just bought new ink for the thing.UGH!!!

HP Recommended
Obviously this printer is a overpriced piece of crap. All of these people have ghe same issue. I have the same issue and this is the second time. GARBAGE. You should be issuing new printers instead of making up buy another due to a mechanical flaw in your HP printers.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.