Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6968
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently did an update to my HP 6968 Office Jet Pro All in One printer and a few print jobs later error Ox600004a comes up. I have gone to various sites that offer problem solving and gone through all of the steps to dislodge potential paper. The problem is that there is no paper jammed anywhere. I have taken out print cartridges and resat them, that didn't help. The print window on the machine says, "Paper Jam, Remove the rear access panel," however, this machine does not have a rear access panel.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  My printer is only 2 months old and I use it for my small business, so frustrating.  Thank you for any suggestions you can offer.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@DJP69

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand there is paper jam error although there isn't any paper jammed,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help you, although, to provide an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern: 

Did you check if there is any paper stuck inside the printer, such as the ADF or the ink cartridge access area?

Have you attempted to clean the paper feed rollers?

In the meantime, please follow the below steps:

Step 1: Clear jammed paper from the input tray, ink cartridge access area and/or the automatic document feeder.

Step 2: Make sure the carriage can move freely

Make sure the carriage moves freely across the width of the printer.

Step 3: Clean the paper feed rollers

Dust, paper fiber, and other debris might accumulate on the paper feed rollers and cause paper jams and paper feed issues. Clean the rollers inside the printer, and then try to print again.

Gather the following materials:

• A lint-free cloth

• Distilled, filtered, or bottled water (tap water might damage the printer)

Click here for more details and step by step instructions.

Keep me posted,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have followed all of the steps provided, no paper torn and stuck in the printer anywhere, and I have cleaned the rollers.  I know it is unlikely, but is there any chance a software update for the HP Printer could impact any of this?  I did an update a day prior to the printer acting up?  If not, I guess off to the warranty folks.  

Thank you for your help.

HP Recommended

@DJP69

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

If you feel like the issue occurred after the recent update, I suggest you change the update settings to manual instead of automatic and then, perform a root level printer driver reinstallation and then install the original drivers from the HP website: Click here to access the website for drivers after you are done with the below steps:

I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below:

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s")

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @DJP69

I also find this video might be useful to help your issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMhCxj3nV9U

Click on the "Thumbs up" button to say "Thanks".

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution".

Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problems with my printer too.  None of the helps provided by you or HP have solved this issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.