Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
officejet 6500a
Windows 7

Printer prints blank sheets.  Error code 0xc19a0013.  I replaced the printhead and cartridges with HP parts.  The machine still does not print and the same error code appears.  I tried the various remedies suggested by HP (resetting, cleaning the printhead, cleaning the print contacts), but the machine still will not print.  Any suggestions?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hey there @leon123 

It looks like you have followed all the steps for resolving an 0xc error on the printer.  If you have already replaced the printhead and you are still getting the same results I would recommend contacting HP support regarding warranty and replacement option for the printer.

One thing I would suggest if you have not tried it already is to plug the printer power into the wall directly and not a power surge protector.  this will ensure the printer is getting full power.  It can be a temporary connection but it is a good way to ensure power is not a factor.

What printer are you working with? I may be able to find a helpful document regarding your issue.

Thanks again for posting on the Forums!

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi Cbert

Thanks for your response.  The model is HP officejet 6500A Plus 710n

I did plug the unit directly into the wall socket, but that did not help.  The unit is out of warranty.

It seems that the unit is not sensing the presence of the printhead and cartridges, since, among other things, my attempts to align the printhead fail.

I  appreciate any help you can come up with.

Thanks

HP Recommended

If you haven't tried already I would suggest removing the printhead and cleaning the copper contacts on the printhead and inside the printer.  Sometimes ink can get on the copper contacts causing a poor connection.  When cleaning the copper contacts n the printer ensure you have removed the printhead and unplugged the power.

Here is a document regarding An 'Ink System Failure' or a '0x ...' Error Message Displays on the HP Printer Control Panel.  Follow the link and click on "any other error code" That will explain how to clean the copper contacts!

Let me know how it goes!

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I have already cleaned the copper contacts on the new printhead and inside the printer.  I continued to get the error message.

HP Recommended

I sent you a private message regarding the next step to try! 🙂

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I took the steps you suggested.  Then I tried to print a document from my computer.  The printer screen produced an Ink System Failure message with the 0013 error code.    The computer produced a Missing or Failed Printhead message with the following text: "Printhead appears to be missing, not detected, incorrectly installed or incompatible.

Since the printhead was not missing, was installed the way I always install a printhead, and was purchased directly from HP, the "not detected" situation seems to be the applicable one. 

My conclusion is there is some hardware (sensor?) or software cause at play here.  What do you think?  Is there any remedy short of buying a new unit?

Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Hey again @leon123 !

Everything has been done as far as troubleshooting goes including that semi full reset bringing the printer back to factory defaults.   I feel as though your looking at a possible replacement unit.  I'm sure the printhead is OK because your using a new one but getting the same error. With all the troubleshooting steps done the issue is directed to a hardware issue within the printer itself.

Your welcome for the help! 

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I've the same problem: new cartridges, new printhead. Did everything (also remove power cord, cleaning, ...)

Strange, the reason for replacement of cartridges and printhead was 'no black ink, only color'. Now, after replacing, problem is bigger than before. Do not know what to do. (officejet 6500A plus, out of waranty)

error 0xc19a0013

HP Recommended

I finally concluded that there was no remedy for the problem.  The only solution for me was to buy a new unit.  I purchased an HP 6830.  It works well so far without problems and is a better machine than its predecessor, and is still in warranty.  

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.