Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

But I used these cartridges before on the same printer and now they say "protected" I never had this problem before.  Can there be something wrong with the printer head or printer???

HP Recommended
Is cartridge protection turned on? Is this the only printer you have? Does anyone else have access to EWS to change the settings?
HP Recommended

Never again. My HP 8600 printer and its "HP protected cartridge installed" message is the ultimate in frustration due to its propietary printer cartridges. What a total scam that HP requires the purchase of only its own high priced printer cartridges in order for thier printers to function! HP should realize there are many other manufactures making high quality printers without this issue. On principal alone, I'm done with HP.  Printer will be tossed in the garbage.

Eric

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.