Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

At last someone who actually knows what he is talking about!

Thanks

HP Recommended

I have the 6600 with the same problem and none of the solutions I've seen so far are working on my model. I've tried them all. Help!

HP Recommended

I want to update my last post to say the back button five times does work when you do right. Many thanks, I was about to pull my hair out...

HP Recommended

Thank you! this totally worked. took me a couple tries because that back arrow doesn't stay lit and I had to figure out the support menu once I got there, but it WORKED!! Thanks!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  I have tried the solutions listed here.  Last resort is pressing the back button 5 times, but the ost I can get is to 4 times before it goes out.  Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

I have finally solved it.  The thing I was not doing correctly in the pressing 5 times was to ignore the fact that the light went out.  Just keep pressing!

Question for HP - why don't the instructions tell us how to reach the support menu?

HP Recommended

the easy way is to restore printer to the factory settings and all problems are fixed.

:robothappy:

HP Recommended
Thank you!!! Thank you thank you! Genius!! It Worked for me! What a weird, simple fix, mine would let me reset- before, or said it did, but didn't until I switched that qrty thing. so appreciated!! I was getting blamed for locking everything and of course I didn't do any such thing!
HP Recommended

I am having the same problems with my HP Officejet Pro 8600 PLUS. Can anyone tell me exactly what I need to do. I changed my router and now my printer is saying it is locked by the administrator. 

HP Recommended

As Candid04 said earlier:

1. Press the "Go Back"  (looks like an arrow) button 5 times in a row - it doesn't matter that after 3 or 4 times nothing appears to happen, it does, so keep on pressing
  2. Press Support Menu
  3. Hit the > button to "Reset" Menu
  4. Hit the > button to Semi-Full Reset
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.