Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP F4480

Hi, the paper in my  HP F4480 printer will not feed. The ink cartridges are nearly empty, if not empty. Will low cartridges prevent the printer from taking paper to complete a job, or is it likely another issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @80Printer

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I saw your post on how your HP Deskjet F4480 printer will not feed paper. I am happy to help! 

Low ink cartridges can definitely be the cause of the paper not feeding. I would recommend replacing the ink cartridges first, and see if that resolves the issue. If it does not resolve the issue, go through this guide, 'Out of Paper' Error Message Displays on the Computer and the Printer Does Not Pick Up or Feed Paper, and let me know what happens! 

Please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

Hope this information is helpful, and thank you for posting! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @80Printer

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I saw your post on how your HP Deskjet F4480 printer will not feed paper. I am happy to help! 

Low ink cartridges can definitely be the cause of the paper not feeding. I would recommend replacing the ink cartridges first, and see if that resolves the issue. If it does not resolve the issue, go through this guide, 'Out of Paper' Error Message Displays on the Computer and the Printer Does Not Pick Up or Feed Paper, and let me know what happens! 

Please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

Hope this information is helpful, and thank you for posting! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply to my question. Are sufficient cartridge levels necessary for the paper to feed into the F4480? If not, the money for new cartridges might be better spent on getting the printer serviced? Please let me know what you think.

HP Recommended

Hi 80Printer, 

You are welcome! 

Yes sufficient ink cartridge levels are necessary. 

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this answers your question, and have a nice day! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

So, I replaced the cartridges and performed the automated roller cleaning in the troubleshooting section suggested, and now the paper feeds and prints properly. Thanks for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.