Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Every time I send in a print job (including when I tried to print a test page) my printer feeds the top sheet of paper about halfway through the printer and then just stops and flashes the 'reload paper' light/button. On my computer I get a paper jam or paper too long error message. If I push the reload button, it feeds the rest of that piece of paper through, then sucks up the next sheet halfway and the process repeats. I have restarted it countless times, made sure the printer tray is attached correctly, tried putting the paper in the feeder tray at varying distances from where it gets pulled in by the printer. At no point during this cycle does anything get printed on any sheets of paper. If for some reason it is relevant, when I go to the HP utility, it informs me my ink cartridge is non-HP (might have bought a re-filled one or something I forget).  Problem has persisted for over a week now.

Product: deskjet d4360

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6.8

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi timeslip, 

Follow the steps in the document below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01421650

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

That link does not help. It is a way to clear a paper jam but there is no paper jam. The paper is feeding just fine, the printer is saying that that I am out of paper...reload paper. But there is paper in the printer. When I cancel the print job, the blank paer feeds on through (again no jam). Even my HP soutions is saying that I am out of paper, but I am not out of paper.

HP Recommended

@summer46, the issue you're having can be considered to be a paper jam even though you're not receiving the error message.

You can go ahead and follow this document for this issue. 

Let me know the outcome.

THX

HP Recommended

I have an hp d1360 printer. It prints 1 or 2 pages n then stops printing halfway giving an error of a paper jam but there is no paper jam. 
I have tried every trouble shoot given in HP. but to no avail. i hv tried printing the test page but that also prints half way n the printer stops i have to push the power button for the paper to come out. with every print job it just keeps doing the same thing. i have wasted so much paper and ink trying to fix this problem.
please help me if u can. n please dont give another trouble shoot page because they are pointless n over simplified for a complicated problem such as this. 

HP Recommended

Hi Prozac,

Can you give me a list of everything you have tried?

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

I did the whole troubleshoot steps of fixing a paper jam, 
the force power reset,
the cleaning of rollers from the back,
removing n reputting the cartridges.

tried cleaning the cartridge heads n the sockets on them n the printer.
i cant think of anything else to do. 
i was thinking of replacing my cartidges maybe they are creating an issue, so
 tried printing with first the black n then the color cartridge but the issue still presisted.

i tried printing test pages but they also get stuck halfway. 

I then tried updating all the Hp printer software n installed the hp doctor software, n hp solution center
i have wasted a ton of paper n ink along with time due to this issue.
im a student so i really need to use my printer alot for assignments n research work.
Please Help.

HP Recommended

Prozac, I would try cleaning the rollers again  as described in the next link.  Click Here  Be sure to clean all the way around the rollers with a damp, lint-free cloth such as a coffee filter.

Be sure that the printer is plugged directly to a wall outlet for power (not a surge protector, power strip or battery backup). 

I wasn't sure from your description, but did you try to clean the metal contacts on the cartridge and the printer?  Be sure not to touch the part of the ink cartridge where the ink comes out and don't touch the metal contacts with your fingers.

When you did the power reset, did you do it in the same order as described in the following link?  Click Here 

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

The links here don't help at all, they just give me a "404 error, content not available"

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  It looks to me like the printer is setting the top of page in the middle of a 8 1/2 x 11" paper.  No solution yet.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.